lucene-dev mailing list archives

From robert engels <reng...@ix.netcom.com>
Subject Re: NewIndexModifier - - - DeletingIndexWriter
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2007 08:41:33 GMT
I agree. Too many cooks in the kitchen. The original API/design could
have survived with behind the scenes tweaking.

Instead it seems Lucene is being encumbered with lots of "special
case" code (aka Eclipse) which detracts from the overall simplicity
and usability.

I think that many of the "advancements" lack vision and focus, and
the software suffers.

I say this as an active (I think) Lucene participant. We use a 1.9
code base and merge some (many?) of the ideas that are presented, but
will probably never move beyond 1.9.

Robert