lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lucene 2.1, soon
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 11:57:06 GMT
-1

I would like a few more days  to get https://issues.apache.org/jira/
browse/LUCENE-762, as it may involve moving some classes and I don't
want to do that after an official release.  It is not a major issue,
but I do think it is important to get right before the release.

Sorry for the delay.

Thanks,
Grant
On Feb 1, 2007, at 6:02 AM, Michael McCandless wrote:

> Michael Busch wrote:
>> Michael McCandless wrote:
>>>

>>> I plan on committing this one today.  Once that's in I think we can
>>> and should get the release process going (Yonik had graciously
>>> volunteered to be the release manager)?
>>>
>> +1 for starting the release process. Especially the big new
>> features "lazy field loading", "lockless commits" and "delete in
>> IndexWriter" should make it a valuable upgrade for a lot of users.
>> Additionally, there have been various patches that improve
>> performance or prevent index corruption.
>
> OK I just committed LUCENE-565 so I think we can get 2.1 started now?
>
> Mike

Grant Ingersoll
Center for Natural Language Processing
http://www.cnlp.org