lucene-dev mailing list archives

From karl wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deprecating IndexReader's delete methods?
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 18:38:49 GMT

23 feb 2007 kl. 19.35 skrev Otis Gospodnetic:

> Now that we have Document deletion via IndexWriter, is the plan to
> deprecate the delete methods in IndexReader?  If so, how come we
> didn't do that for 2.1?  Sorry if I missed this discussion, if
> there was one.

If I got it all right, then the delete in the writer use the delete
in the reader. So it will require a bit of refactoring in order to
actually "get rith of" the delete methods in the reader. One could of
course always depricate it though. And an initial solution would be
to make the reader methods package visible.

--
karl