lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem with updating the website
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 15:49:52 GMT
Hi Michael,

Btw, welcome aboard!  Glad to have such good help!

 From http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/CommittersResources on
the Wiki, see http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/
HowToUpdateTheWebsite

Essentially, all you _should_ have to do is commit your changes to
both the src tree and then, after running forrest, the docs tree and
it will automatically sync the website tonight (gratification
delayed, I know!)

I will add group write, as that is what it should be.  Not sure what
happened to change it.

Thanks,
Grant

On Feb 2, 2007, at 9:08 AM, Michael Busch wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just added myself to the "Who we are" page, regenerated it and
> committed the changes. Now I tried to update the website by doing:
>  ssh people.apache.org
>  cd /www/lucene.apache.org/java/docs
>  svn up
>
> It fails with the following message:
>  svn: Can't open file 'images/.svn/lock': Permission denied
>
> ls -la images/
>  drwxr-xr-x   6 gsingers  lucene   512 Dec 20 19:06 .svn
>
> Grant, it seems you own the directory, but the group doesn't have
> write access...
>
> Or am I doing anything wrong?

Grant Ingersoll
Center for Natural Language Processing