lucene-dev mailing list archives

From karl wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Merging indices
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 13:41:39 GMT
I'm looking for what might be the best solution to allow merging of
indices with my InstantiatedIndex. The idea is to get it working with
the standard segment files for persistency.

I was thinking about running an FSDirectory parallel to the
InstantiatedIndex, making sure that all changes is also done to a
FSDirectory. Another solution would be to introduce Directory.copy
(IndexReader) [read: Index.copy(IndexReader)] rather than
Directory.copy(Directory), i.e. to dump snapshots of the index in
heap to a new FSDirectory. None of these chooises sounds that
compelling to me. Any suggestions to alternate solutions or comments
on the one I listed would be welcome.

--
karl