lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lucene 2.1, soon
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 22:38:45 GMT
Chris Hostetter wrote:
> : http://svn.apache.org/lucene/java/dist/  doesn't work for me.  I do
> : see the file on people.a.o as Hoss said.
>
> 1) i think doug was refering to the philosophical subversion location,
> corrisponding ot the literal location of
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/dist/

Heh.  Yes, that is what I meant.  Thanks for translating!

> 2) it doesn't exist, i think the point doug was making is that
> lucene/java/dist/ *should* be added to the subversion
> repository in a newly created lucene/java/dist/ directory (along side
> trunk, tags, branches, and nightly) as a place to keep distribution
> related files.

Exactly.  Sorry for being opaque.

> An alternate idea we might want to think about is getting rid of the
> sub-project specific KEYS files, and start using the PMC wide KEYS file
> for all lucene sub projects, ie: expand this file...
>    http://www.apache.org/dist/lucene/KEYS
> ...to include the contents of all of these files...
>    http://www.apache.org/dist/lucene/java/KEYS
>    http://www.apache.org/dist/lucene/hadoop/KEYS
>    http://www.apache.org/dist/lucene/nutch/KEYS
>    http://www.apache.org/dist/lucene/solr/KEYS.txt
>
> ...presumably this resulting file could then be revisioned at
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/KEYS

If we did that, it should probably go in a 'dist' subdirectory.  But
since we have different sets of committers for different sub-projects,
it probably makes more sense to have per-subproject KEYS files.  That
way folks can add their own keys without altering our current permission
scheme.

Doug