lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven builds
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 20:01:49 GMT
There are cultural issues as well as technical issues to adopting Maven.
  Most folks involved with Lucene are familiar with using Ant and
maintaining an Ant-based build system.  So merely converting Lucene to
be built by Maven will not cause everyone who currently works on Lucene
to become willing and able to to use Maven on a daily basis.

Long-term, we probably should not attempt to maintain two official build
systems.  But, short-term, it would be useful for developers to be able
to evaluate Maven, then discussion can begin about whether the project
should switch to Maven as its primary build system.

Doug