lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Busch <busch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Welcome Michael Busch
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 14:01:06 GMT
Doug Cutting wrote:
> The Lucene PMC has voted to add Michael Busch as a Lucene committer.
>
> Welcome, Michael!
>
> Doug
Thanks everyone for the nice words!

Of course I want to keep the tradition alive, so here follows my
introduction :-)

I am from Germany (more exactly from the Sauerland :-) ). I graduated at
the University of Paderborn in 2005 and went to IBM Germany to do an
internship. There I first came in touch with search technology by
writing test tools for search products.

Then in May 2005 I moved to California and joined the IBM Omnifind team
there. In spring 2006, when we began building the Yahoo edition, I
started looking into Lucene and since Summer I'm contributing to it.

I am really happy and proud to be part of this great team. The last year
was much fun to work with the Lucene community and now I'm looking
forward to working as a committer!

Michael