lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 2.1, soon
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 10:08:12 GMT
Antony Bowesman wrote:
> Yonik Seeley wrote:
>> Lucene 2.1 has been a long time in coming, but I think we should plan
>> on making a release when the file format changes settle down.
>
> Was there any kind of consensus of what 'soon' meant.  Is it likely to
> be days, this month, or sometime later?  I'd really like to get lockless
> commits, but am wary of just taking the latest build for a production
> environment.

I think the only issue that came up on this thread that we'd like to
get into 2.1 is "supporting deleteDocuments in IndexWriter":

I plan on committing this one today.  Once that's in I think we can
and should get the release process going (Yonik had graciously
volunteered to be the release manager)?

Mike