lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Parkes" <steven_par...@esseff.org>
Subject RE: [VOTE] release Lucene 2.1
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 19:45:57 GMT
I'm new to the release process, so I'm trying to understand it at the
same time as checking out the candidate.

One thing I noticed is that the raw jar doesn't contain LICENSE or
NOTICE files, a la http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html. To wit:

	Can I Distribute A Raw Artifact?

	ASF distributions typically contain additional material together
with the artifacts. This material may include documentation concerning
the release but must contain LICENSE and NOTICE files.

	Raw artifacts may be distributed if they contain LICENSE and
NOTICE files. For example, the java artifact format is based on a
compressed directory structure and those projects wishing to distribute
raw jars place LICENSE and NOTICE files in the META-INF directory within
the jar.

I was also wondering about highlighting the impact of the index file
format change somewhere obvious ... though I don't now where that would
be. Perhaps in the release announcement?