lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <grant.ingers...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 2.1, soon
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 02:11:46 GMT
I have a solution for the protection level (see my last comment on
adding an Interface), but not for the ThreadLocal issue in LazyField
construction (see the bug).  I think I may just stick with the
original patch, unless someone has an insight.  I guess I could pass
in the ThreadLocal and the cloneableFieldsStream, but that just feels
ugly and ripe for error, especially since the moving the LazyField
class into the FieldSelectorResult requires it be a private static
class.

On the other hand, I think it would be useful to eliminate the if/
else checks and allow for extending the types of FieldSelectorResults
w/o having to modify FieldsReader

Any opinion?  If I/we don't come up w/ something by Wednesday, I will
commit the original patch so that we can go ahead with the release.
I could submit a "broken" patch that show what I have if that helps.

-Grant