lucene-dev mailing list archives

From karl wettin <>
Subject Re: Maven builds
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 21:20:14 GMT

15 feb 2007 kl. 21.24 skrev Yonik Seeley:

> But, it all seems like magic to me... if I want to do something
> different,
> even a minor little change, I don't know where to start.  If I want
> to add an
> additional compile flag, where does that go??? I have no idea.  To
> change the
> behavior (like using Java5 source) I need to google and find the magic
> incantation.

I felt the same way until I registred the POM schema in my editor. As
there was a threadshold to pass before getting used to it. Now my
opinion is that maven(2) is a very mature and highly configurable but
easy to use build system that takes care of everything for me. I'm
fond of the surefire test plugin, the in depth dependency handling
and how
it creates the project in my development environment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message