lucene-dev mailing list archives

From robert engels <reng...@ix.netcom.com>
Subject Re: NewIndexModifier - - - DeletingIndexWriter
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:31:22 GMT
Lucene is not a word processor. It is a development library. I think
an understanding of any development library is essential to using it
properly. Once you have even a basic understanding of the Lucene
design, it is very clear as to why deletes are performed using the
IndexReader.

If you attempt to use Lucene without understanding its use proper and
design (there are many people on this list that think it is a
database) you will probably get most things wrong.