lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven builds
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 22:55:31 GMT
These articles are over 3 years old or more, I think the large
community that uses Maven says it is a worthwhile thing.  I'm
curious, Slava, how many of ViewTier's Parabuild clients use Maven,
since your website says you support it?

I'm not saying Maven is the be all end all, but it works pretty well
IMO.  Having said that, we have most everything we need in the ANT
scripts we already have, except, maybe automated releases and nice
project metadata like the POM provides, so I'm not that compelled to
switch.  In light of our prior discussions of having more frequent
releases, I think having more automated releases is needed.

-Grant

On Feb 15, 2007, at 5:19 PM, Slava Imeshev wrote:

> Here is a couple of alternative points of view on Maven. Make
> sure your kids are not reading this:
>
> http://www.jroller.com/page/fate/?anchor=why_maven_sucks
> http://www.jroller.com/page/fate/?anchor=maven_refresher_course

Grant Ingersoll