lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <>
Subject Re: 15 minute hang in IndexInput.clone() involving finalizers
Date Sat, 16 Dec 2006 15:39:59 GMT
On 12/16/06, Chuck Williams <> wrote:
> Applying the patch moved the issue somewhat, but not materially.  The
> setup of the FieldCache comparator still takes the same amount of time
> and all thread dumps still find the stack inside Object.clone() working
> on finalizers.

Oops, I forgot to remove the finalizer from FSIndexInput.
I've attached another patch, although it may just move your problem
somewhere else.

> One interesting thing is that it appears that all 4
> threads simultaneously doing this query are building a field cache.  It
> seems the synchronization in FieldCacheIImpl.get() with the
> CreationPlaceHolder should have prevented that, but for some reason it
> is not.

Is it because ParallelReader?  Perhaps a different sub-reader is being
passed to the FieldCache each time?

-Yonik Solr, the open-source Lucene search server

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message