lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <>
Subject Re: 15 minute hang in IndexInput.clone() involving finalizers
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 17:20:01 GMT
On 12/15/06, robert engels <> wrote:
> If you could post a complete thread dump that would be better.
> I am "thinking" that it is not really a bug, but that the finalizer
> or GC thread is very busy, or possibly blocked on a network resource,
> and that is preventing the addition of additional finalizers.

I didn't know there was a limit to the number of finalizers... but it
certainly sounds plausible.
I think we should still get rid of all the unnecessary finalizers in
IndexInput though.

-Yonik Solr, the open-source Lucene search server

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message