lucene-dev mailing list archives

From robert engels <reng...@ix.netcom.com>
Subject Re: ThreadLocal leak (was Re: Leaking org.apache.lucene.index.* objects)
Date Sat, 16 Dec 2006 10:10:08 GMT
I can basically GUARANTEE that unless you are using large indexes and
is NO ISSUE in using a ThreadLocal,

There is something else wrong in your application.

PLEASE get a good profiler and perform the required testing. It is
amazing that so many people have spent so much time on this issue
already, when in the end it has ALWAYS been demonstrated to be a user
code error.

The use of ThreadLocals in Lucene is correct.

If you honestly believe there is some issue, please provide a self
contained test case that demonstrates the problem.