lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject branches and flexible indexing
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 03:27:49 GMT
I propose, once I am done w/ some documentation housekeeping, to
begin work on http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-662
(Nicolas' patch to incorporate flexible indexing to Lucene)  I think
this is best pursued by branching from trunk at the point I begin and
pursuing the work on the branch, so that I can commit any updates for
others to view w/o having to constantly apply patches.

Anyone have any objections to this approach?  I don't know if we have
any  (unwritten) policy on branching, so I thought I would check here
first.  I know I will have some extra work to keep it up to date w/
trunk, but since I think this may be a fairly in-depth change with
several iterations (I haven't looked at the patch yet, so my
apologies, Nicolas, if it is exactly what we want w/ nothing extra
required) I think the branch will help facilitate reviews, etc.

-Grant

Grant Ingersoll
Center for Natural Language Processing
http://www.cnlp.org