lucene-dev mailing list archives

From robert engels <reng...@ix.netcom.com>
Subject Re: ThreadLocal leak (was Re: Leaking org.apache.lucene.index.* objects)
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 20:37:23 GMT
I would suggest that in order to even bring up "thread local issues"
in the future that the submitter supplies a pure Java NON-LUCENE test
case that demonstrates the problem (just as you would if reporting a
bug to Sun).

All of the "guessing" about what is going on is counter productive.
You can review the JDK source code, and you can run test cases.

There is nothing inherently broken in ThreadLocals, and people that
keep claiming that are only doing a disservice to the people that
make sure Java is a robust and reliable platform.