lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Busch <busch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Payloads
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 19:29:19 GMT
Nicolas Lalevée wrote:
> Le Mercredi 20 Décembre 2006 15:31, Grant Ingersoll a écrit :
>
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> Have a look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-662
>>
>> I am planning on starting on this soon (I know, I have been saying
>> that for a while, but I really am.)  At any rate, another set of eyes
>> would be good and I would be interested in hearing how your version
>> compares/works with this patch from Nicolas.
>>

> In fact the work I have done is more about the storing part of Lucene than the
> indexing part. But I think that the mechanism of defining in Java
> an "IndexFormat" I have introduced in my patch will be usefull in defining
> how the payload should be read and wrote.
>
> About my patch, it needs to be synchronized with the current trunk. I will
> update it soon. It just need some clean up.
>
> Nicolas

That's right, Nicolas' patch makes the Lucene *store* more flexible,
whereas my payloads patch extends the *index* data structures.

Nicolas, I'm aware of your patch but haven't looked completely at it
yet. I think it would be a great thing if our patches would work
together. And with Dougs suggestions (see his response) we would be on
the right track to the flexible indexing format! I would love to work
together with you to achieve this goal. I will look at your patch more
closely in the next days.

- Michael