lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r488640 - in /lucene/java/trunk: ./ contrib/spellchecker/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/spell/ src/java/org/apache/lucene/index/ src/java/org/apache/lucene/store/ src/test/org/apache/lucene/index/
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 17:02:04 GMT wrote:
> LUCENE-748: add javadoc around semantics of Exception during IndexWriter.close()
> LUCENE-129: fix finalizers to always call super.finalize
> LUCENE-301: add new constructors IndexWriter({String,File,Directory}, Analyzer) that
create index if it's not already there, else append
> LUCENE-701: found two cases of "open IndexWriter for create while reader is open, on
Windows" that I didn't properly fix; added new test cases
> LUCENE-702: corrected some small javadoc issues

It's best to only address one issue per commit, when possible.  That way
it's much easier to, e.g., back out a buggy fix or merge a fix into
another branch.

But kudos for putting the bug ID in all related commit messages.  That
makes it easy to find the relevant revisions in Jira, so that fixes can
be backed out, merged, etc. without having to search mail archives or
subversion log entries.  It's best if every non-trivial commit has a
well-formed bug ID somewhere in its commit message.

In summary, the ideal is a 1-to-1 mapping from commits to Jira issues.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message