lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Busch <busch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IBM OmniFind Yahoo! Edition
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 10:02:38 GMT
Thank you Doug and Andreas!!

A year ago I didn't know anything about Lucene and, in general, hadn't
much experience in open source. I have to say that it was a lot of fun
to use Lucene and especially to work with the community. It is
impressive how responsive the developers and committers are (maybe
someday I will be one, too ;) ) either to questions from other
users/developers or to new suggestions or patches - and always friendly,
motivated and dedicated to help you solve your problem.

So I would like to say "Thank You!" to the community for a very nice
piece of software and for all the support in the last months. This year
is almost over and looking back I realize how much I learned about
Lucene and Search in general. I'm looking forward to the next year and
I'm motivated to submit more patches and help to make Lucene even better.

- Michael