lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: Spliting the Lucene
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 09:01:54 GMT
howard chen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A friend from Hadoop told me someone in the list has code for spliting
> the Lucene index, can anyone point me to the right place?

You probably refer to the emails we exchanged with Dennis Kubes - in
that case there was no index splitting involved, rather the body of
documents to be indexed was split into parts and then indexed separately
to form many smaller indexes.

True index splitter doesn't exist (yet), but it shouldn't be too
difficult to implement, just tedious - around 3 days of work ... Some
people on this list also contemplated a semi-splitter (also non-existent
yet), which splits the index only on segment boundaries - this should be
much easier to implement, as it's just a question of copying selected
segments into new places and re-creating "segments" files - although
this method is much less flexible than a true splitter.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><