lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Shiny New Logos
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 00:49:28 GMT
Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> So, if people want to vote for one (just reply with the name of the one
> you like), I will be happy to incorporate the consensus into the
> website.

Of these, my favorite is #2 (lower image), since the typeface is most
similar to the existing Lucene logo.

But my preference would not be to redesign the Lucene logo, but rather
just find a nice way to combine it with Duke, perhaps cleaning it up a
bit.  Someone once found a typeface that's really similar to the
existing Lucene logo (which was hand-drawn).

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-java-dev/200412.mbox/%3C41BCE6F4.8040304@open.ac.uk%3E

The font is ITC Magneto Bold Extended.

http://www.itcfonts.com/Fonts/detail.htm?pid=409331

And the old green could be grabbed from the old image.

Doug