lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Attached proposed modifications to Lucene 2.0 to support Field.Store.Encrypted
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 00:07:16 GMT
negrinv wrote:
> there is a third way Doug,  and it's for me to stop trying to be polite by
> answering all the questions that I am being asked, then nobody will get
> upset by my replies. If the decision is for no encryption at field level, I
> accept it, but I don't believe it should be externalised. Perhaps someone
> else will pick up your offer.

I don't think anyone is upset.  I was trying to provide an alternative
to giving up and walking away, but, yes, that's an option too.  However,
if you think field-level encryption is something that lots of folks
would use, and want to help provide it, it might not be your most
satisfactory option.

Doug