lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Pimenov <apime...@viewtier.com>
Subject Re: Continuous Integration for Lucene
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 19:32:43 GMT
Doug,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Cutting" <cutting@apache.org>
To: <java-dev@lucene.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 9:14 AM
Subject: Re: Continuous Integration for Lucene
> Chris Hostetter wrote:
> > One thing you might want to watch out for, is that your system doesn't
> > seem to run the unit tests, which is an important part of verifying that a
> > build was "successful" (i notice this only because the trunk was acctually
> > broken recently, yet the logs available on your system indicate that the
> > build succeeded on that day)

Yes, Parabuild runs tests now.

> It would also be nice if the downloadable result was the full tar.gz
> file, not simply the jar file.  The 'nightly' build target runs both
> unit tests and builds the distribution.  Ideally one would invoke it
> with a descriptive version name, e.g.:
>
> ant -Dversion=trunk-${revision} nightly
>
> Where $revision is the subversion revision number.

Yes, this has been done as well. An integration build now produces
the core build resuts and the tar.gz package after every check in.

We have also added a daily build that is scheduled to run at 1:00PM
PST:

http://parabuild.viewtier.com:8080/parabuild/index.htm?displaygroupid=5

Alex Pimenov