lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Shiny New Logos
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 22:43:13 GMT

Marcello Prattico (http://www.astrochimp.com) has graciously agreed
to create some Lucene logos that incorporate Duke into the logo so
that we can distinguish Lucene Java from Lucene TLP (Top-Level
Project).  The Lucene TLP logo (a.k.a the Green cursive Lucene that
we all know and love) will appear in the upper right of the website
(replacing the feather), and the new logo will be in the center where
the current green logo is now located.

There are 5 total images labeled lucene?.png that can be viewed at
http://people.apache.org/~gsingers/images/   The tar file in the
directory contains all the images in both psd and png formats, plus
the Duke originals used.

So, if people want to vote for one (just reply with the name of the
one you like), I will be happy to incorporate the consensus into the
website.  Of course, since this is Open Source, others are free to
submit there own versions or provide other suggestions.

Personally, I vote for http://people.apache.org/~gsingers/images/
lucene3.png but I also like http://people.apache.org/~gsingers/images/
lucene1.png as well.

-Grant