lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Elschot <paul.elsc...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: non-overlapping Span queries
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 22:32:12 GMT

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-java-dev/200507.mbox/%3C200507052054.54859.paul.elschot@xs4all.nl%3E

> A fix was posted by Paul Elschot at that time.  Did this fix ever make
> it into 2.0?  I'm having problems with SpanNearQuerie's matching the
> same thing again, example

> I'm searching for ((Brooklyn) near (Brooklyn near NY slop 0) slop 10)
> and it matches Brooklyn, NY  I want it to not match unless the phrase is
> something like
>
> Brooklyn High which is in Brooklyn, NY

That requires a minimum distance between the matches of the
subqueries, and that is not yet implemented.

The previous fix is in the trunk:

You can try the svn head, or a nightly build instead of 2.0:
http://cvs.apache.org/dist/lucene/java/nightly/
but a minimum span distance facility is not in there afaik.

Regards,
Paul Elschot