lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Willnauer" <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Storing GData Feeds -- need your help!
Date Sun, 26 Nov 2006 10:57:11 GMT
On 11/25/06, Vic Bancroft <bancroft@america.net> wrote:
> Simon Willnauer wrote:
>
> > I'm actually looking for alternatives and suggestions about this
> > topic, I know you guys have your own schedule but I would really
> > appreciate some help with that.
>
> Perhaps the derby would be appropriate,

I was looking at derby already, but storing xml in RDBMS is either
quiet tricky if you wanna get a reasonable performance as RDBMS store
data in tables not in a tree like xml does. Fetching data should be
really fast and storing the whole xml as a BLOB would afford parsing
the xml after the sql query returns. Parsing is supposed to be a
bottleneck in this scenario. I will give otis suggestion another go.
Berkley DB could offer quiet good performance for that case.

cheers simon