lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Willnauer" <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Storing GData Feeds -- need your help!
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 14:17:05 GMT
On 11/22/06, karl wettin <karl.wettin@gmail.com> wrote:

> 22 nov 2006 kl. 14.38 skrev Simon Willnauer:
>
> > some caches inside the storage or cache on the response layer but
> > first I need a "standard" persistence for the server which can scale
> > on many servers as well but single server environment is also
> > desirable at the moment.
>
> I usually hide my persistance behind a CRUD<BusinessObject>
> interface. Makes it easy to switch the persistency layer to something
> that fits the environment. Something like:
>
> server.getCRUD(instance.getClass()).create(instance);
> instance = server.getCRUD(instance.getClass()).read(instance.getID());
> server.getCRUD(instance.getClass()).update(instance);
> boolean success = server.getCRUD(instance.getClass()).delete
> (instance.getID());

I do hide the complete persistence layer behind a facade and access it
via a Service Layer doing some prepossessing of the incoming data.
So the storage layer, its actual domain object implementation and the
persistence technology can be switched very easily to. Is it that what
you pointing to?!

There is still the problem with saving the data. Any further ideas?!

best regards Simon