lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Willnauer" <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Storing GData Feeds -- need your help!
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 13:38:23 GMT
Hi Karl,
I was looking at prevayler but I can not make any assumptions on how
many objects / data a person using the server wants to store. Imagine
a usecase like google mail. google mail is based on gdata and stores a
lot of data I guess. If you combine your mail server like JAMES (I did
that to create a frontend for james) with gdata server you could end
up with a shit load of data within a day. I can definitely can build
some caches inside the storage or cache on the response layer but
first I need a "standard" persistence for the server which can scale
on many servers as well but single server environment is also
desirable at the moment.

best regards simon