lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Willnauer" <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject ThirdParty Jars in GData
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 11:36:31 GMT
Hi all,
I just started to work on the todo list @ GData Server to add Admin
Interface and some major refactoring. GData server will be based on
the Apache Hivemind Microkernel and will make extensive use of these
libs including hive-utils and the hessian webservice integration
(caucho.com). Even apache hivemind includes a couple of third - party
jars like javaassist.jar which is also distributed in the release. So
I'm a bit curious about the fact that non ASF - licenced jars are
included in asf products.
In the end there will be a couple of jars I need for the GData server
at least at runtime. ASF Jars like hivemind core and libs won't be a
problem inside the svn repos. But whats the best way to get the other
jars. I had a look at the hivemind build file, they defined a macro to
fetch the jars from http://www.ibiblio.org/. This seems to be a nice
solution to fetch these jars via a simple ant get task.

Any other ideas / suggestions?

regards simon