lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dynamically varying maxBufferedDocs
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 18:50:03 GMT
On 11/9/06, Chuck Williams <chuck@manawiz.com> wrote:
> Thanks Yonik!  Poor wording on my part.  I won't vary maxBufferedDocs,
> just am making flushRamSegments() public and calling it externally
> (properly synchronized), earlier than it would otherwise be called from
> ongoing addDocument-driven merging.
>
> Sounds like this should work.

Yep.
For best behavior, you probably want to be using the current
(svn-trunk) version of Lucene with the new merge policy.  It ensures
there are mergeFactor segments with size <= maxBufferedDocs before
triggering a merge.  This makes for faster indexing in the presence of
deleted docs or partially full segments.

-Yonik