lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: ParallelMultiSearcher reimplementation
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 01:07:35 GMT

Hi Gus,

: Is this development already taking place in the trunk? I was unable to
: uncover any progress in this area. I haven't contributed to lucene (or
: any open source project) before, but I would be willing to clean up a
: number of things in this area if there was interest.

I'm not aware of any particular development going on with
ParallelMultiSearcher at the moment, but I'm also not that familiar with
ParallelMultiSearcher in general -- so I can't say for sure.

The best way to contribute these cahnges back to the community is using
the steps outlined here...

	http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/HowToContribute

In a nut shell:

  1) check out the trunk using anon SVN
  2) move your code into the lucene package structure
  3) generate a patch using (svn add as neccessary and) svn diff
  4) submit the patch as an attachment in Jira.

Don't worry too much about "cleaning" up the code at first ... as long as
it compiles i would submit a patch, that way you can get eyeballs on it
sooner, and then worry about how clean it is.

-Hoss