lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: site javadocs and resolved issue 678
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 13:39:25 GMT
So, the upshot of this is we should not update docs on the site until
there is a release?   Still, I think it would be nice to have a trunk
version hosted somewhere (as has been echoed by others) on the site
that could contain the nightly build docs.  I can setup the links in
the docs if someone can point me to where the nightly build docs are
located (or how to generate the nightly build docs and put them on
people.apache.org)

I guess I am proposing under the Resources section on the site that
we add a link named something like "Nightly Build Site" which points
to this new site.

I also am starting a "Committer's Resources" page on the Wiki (http://
wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/CommittersResources) where, hopefully,
we can start to capture some of these policy decisions plus other
info about making releases, testing, best practices, whatever is
helpful.

-Grant

On Oct 31, 2006, at 8:05 PM, Steven Parkes wrote:

> 	but i feel like the "default" should be the most bleeding
> 	edge stuff so more people can spot mistakes or ask questions
> about things
> 	that are confusing.
>
> In my experience, having API reference docs built out of trunk is very
> uncommon. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen it, outside of as an
> option (e.g., http://httpd.apache.org/) and for projects that haven't
> made any releases (e.g., harmony, solr).

Grant Ingersoll
Sr. Software Engineer
Center for Natural Language Processing
Syracuse University