lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Lukas Vlcek" <>
Subject Re: Hibernate Lucene trademark issues
Date Sun, 12 Nov 2006 06:17:03 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

I am interested in you solution. I have a plan to use lucene and hibernate
in my next project and search will play very important role (*stake-holder*
functionality). I have heard of
comapss<>project which introduces
searching (lucene) layer on top of hibernate also.
I haven't had a change to study it in detail yet.

Do you think you could give me some high level comments about your
motivation for implementing lucene search directly in hibernate code,
couldn't you just use compass project? Is there any fundamental difference
between your approach and comapss?

Many thanks,