lucene-dev mailing list archives

From karl wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Storing GData Feeds -- need your help!
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 13:51:01 GMT

22 nov 2006 kl. 14.38 skrev Simon Willnauer:

> some caches inside the storage or cache on the response layer but
> first I need a "standard" persistence for the server which can scale
> on many servers as well but single server environment is also
> desirable at the moment.

I usually hide my persistance behind a CRUD<BusinessObject>
interface. Makes it easy to switch the persistency layer to something
that fits the environment. Something like:

server.getCRUD(instance.getClass()).create(instance);
instance = server.getCRUD(instance.getClass()).read(instance.getID());
server.getCRUD(instance.getClass()).update(instance);
boolean success = server.getCRUD(instance.getClass()).delete
(instance.getID());

Perhaps this is a topic for <usenet://comp.object>? Martin Fowler,
Bob Martin and others hang out there, and they are usually very
helpfull if you manage to specify your problem in a few sentances.