lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <>
Subject Re: ThirdParty Jars in GData
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 19:05:20 GMT

Before starting work on all this, could you please share some of your plans with us?  For
example, I'm curious why Hivemind is needed.

----- Original Message ----
From: Simon Willnauer <>
Sent: Wednesday, November 8, 2006 6:36:31 AM
Subject: ThirdParty Jars in GData

Hi all,
I just started to work on the todo list @ GData Server to add Admin
Interface and some major refactoring. GData server will be based on
the Apache Hivemind Microkernel and will make extensive use of these
libs including hive-utils and the hessian webservice integration
( Even apache hivemind includes a couple of third - party
jars like javaassist.jar which is also distributed in the release. So
I'm a bit curious about the fact that non ASF - licenced jars are
included in asf products.
In the end there will be a couple of jars I need for the GData server
at least at runtime. ASF Jars like hivemind core and libs won't be a
problem inside the svn repos. But whats the best way to get the other
jars. I had a look at the hivemind build file, they defined a macro to
fetch the jars from This seems to be a nice
solution to fetch these jars via a simple ant get task.

Any other ideas / suggestions?

regards simon

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: