lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject RE: jira workflow
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 17:36:34 GMT

: Since that's not the case now, I'd suggest it's reasonable for a
: committer to commit w/o changing the assignee, only changing the state
: to resolved. Facilitates communication on issues that might arise later
: and helps gauge individual involvement.

I guess it depends on how we want to define "Assignee" ... in the past
it's allways been committer, I get the idea that we might want to redefine
it to be "erson whose done the leg work on the issue validating the bug,
reviewing the patch, etc..." but ultimately the person who commits a patch
is responsible for those changes, and it seems like we'd want a better way
to track that then just a comment.

the Subversion logs are by far authoritative, but being able to navigate
Jira issues by committeer also seems important.

Can we add custom "user pulldown" based fields as easily as the "Patch
Available" fields were added? ... just so there's a place to track this?

-Hoss