lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doron Cohen <DOR...@il.ibm.com>
Subject Re: lock path thoughts
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 01:59:15 GMT
Not having to assign index readers a write permission in the index dir is a
nice feature, I didn't think of it that way.

I looked at having it the other way around - i.e. that by default locks
would be maintained in the index dir and only when inadequate - like the
readers/writers scenario, allow to override with an equivalent of
setLockPath. But (1) now reader would write in the index dir; (2) might be
that there are more use cases like the latter; and (3) anyhow a setLockPath
method would be required.  So it seems to me best not to change this.

- Doron