lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject Re: Is it save to remove the throw from FastCharStream.refill() ?
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 01:52:12 GMT
The throwing of an exception by this class is still being done on the
Java side at this stage IIRC, and is also extremely bad for
performance in Java.  However I think the client of the class (one of
the Filters I think) is expecting the EOF exception as a signal that
it has received the end of the stream for tokenization point of view.

I would love to get rid of it, but I think it will break a lot of
behaviour.

cheers,

Paul Smith