lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Parkes" <steven_par...@esseff.org>
Subject RE: jira workflow
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 17:46:08 GMT
svn annotates the jira logs, which is more than a comment, but still not
navigable

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Hostetter [mailto:hossman_lucene@fucit.org]
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 10:37 AM
To: java-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: jira workflow

: Since that's not the case now, I'd suggest it's reasonable for a
: committer to commit w/o changing the assignee, only changing the state
: to resolved. Facilitates communication on issues that might arise
later
: and helps gauge individual involvement.

I guess it depends on how we want to define "Assignee" ... in the past
it's allways been committer, I get the idea that we might want to
redefine
it to be "erson whose done the leg work on the issue validating the bug,
reviewing the patch, etc..." but ultimately the person who commits a
patch
is responsible for those changes, and it seems like we'd want a better
way
to track that then just a comment.

the Subversion logs are by far authoritative, but being able to navigate
Jira issues by committeer also seems important.

Can we add custom "user pulldown" based fields as easily as the "Patch
Available" fields were added? ... just so there's a place to track this?

-Hoss