lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jira workflow
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 20:15:02 GMT

> A comment from a committer or contributor should be sufficient to
> explain why something has not been committed, fixed or whatever,
> and what action might next be needed.  The scarcest resource is
> committers.  So we want to be able to focus their activities.
> "Patch Available" is a call to action.  If something "needs
> clarification", then the reporter of the issue should be able to
> determine that from the comments and care enough to do so.

I wonder if there is a way to automate things in regards to helping
the committers.  For instance, can we plug in a patch validator that
checks that the patch applies to head cleanly, contains one or more
tests that all pass (whether the tests are valid is another story)
and possibly meets some other criteria that we determine and then
updates the workflow that the patch is "clean"?

Also, I wonder if there is a way to get people to vote more on issues
that are important.  I wonder if most users are aware of the voting
mechanism.

-Grant