lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Ben van Klinken" <bvanklin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CLucene incubation - call for a mentor
Date Sun, 15 Oct 2006 15:05:40 GMT
Hi,

Lucy is certainly an interesting project. There is a great advantage
of having a C language lucene which doesn't conform as closely to the
java lucene api (as CLucene does). I imagine there are many
optimisations available. But CLucene does offer something to
developers, among other things: a fairly complete port (most features
are implemented) which is high-performance, portable, extensible, and
not too hard to learn (especially if you've already done some work
with java lucene already). There are also quite a lot of projects
using it now, which must means something :)

cheers,

ben