lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Contrib modules
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 03:46:06 GMT
If there is a policy, you can bet its a conservative one.... but this is ASF software, so I
think licenses aren't needed.

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org>
To: java-dev@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 8:45:50 PM
Subject: Contrib modules

OK, I am putting finishing touches on benchmark contribution and was
wondering about 3rd party licenses.  Namely, I used Digester for some
configuration stuff and was wondering if I need to include the
Digester license (and the other affiliated licenses) in the lib
directory or are these "safe" because they are Apache libraries just
like Lucene?  I see in the other contribs that it seems to vary by
contribution.  Is there a policy?

Thanks,
Grant