lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Solr's PrefixFilter
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 20:07:11 GMT
On 9/22/06, Andi Vajda <vajda@osafoundation.org> wrote:
> A PyLucene user just submitted a patch to PyLucene to integrate Solr's
> PrefixFilter class. PyLucene is not PySolr but it looks like PrefixFilter has
> nothing specific to Solr in it and PrefixFilter could be useful to regular
> Lucene users as well.
>
> Are there any objections to checking org.apache.solr.search.PrefixFilter into
> Lucene's search package ? I could submit a patch, but codewise, it's trivial
> enough to just rename the package it's in to org.apache.lucene.search.
>
> What do you think ?

In PrefixFilter, I was experimenting with decoupling id generation
from id collection.
I'm not sure if I liked the result, but I never got around to taking
another shot at it.

Another idea might be to have a TermEnumFilter that is defined to be
all the documents matched by a TermEnum.  Then we could also define
RangeTermEnum and PrefixTermEnum.

Anyway, the id-generation implementation is hidden (package
protected), so I guess it should be fine to put it in Lucene.
Any objections?

-Yonik