lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <>
Subject Re: After kill -9 index was corrupt
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 14:14:54 GMT
On 9/11/06, Michael McCandless <> wrote:
> However, I do think it would be a good idea to [optionally] add a
> sync() call on committing the segments file to still be robust to OS /
> machine crashing... it would slow down performance of indexing but
> hopefully not by too much since the segments file is small.

To increase crash resilience, one would want to sync all the segment
files *before* writing the new segments file.  Of course it's not
always easy to ensure data is actually on stable storage:

-Yonik Solr, the open-source Lucene search server

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message