lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Rowe <>
Subject Re: Italian Analyzer
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 21:04:19 GMT
Hello Federico,

federico grilli wrote:
> I have written an Italian analyzer based on the Porter's stemming
> algorithm as found at I would like
> to contribute it to the Lucene sandbox. The classes come with thorough
> unit tests. As this is the first time I contribute to an apache
> project, I wondered how could I do to commit my work to the cvs.

Did you know that Lucene already contains Snowball Italian stemmer code,
under contrib/snowball/?   (Although I see no Italian analyzer under

Below is a link to a ViewVC Subversion repository history page for the
stemmer code:

To answer your question, some useful info is here:

In short, you should check out the source tree from Subversion, create a
patch containing your new code, then create a JIRA issue and attach your
patch to it.  JIRA (used by the ASF for issue tracking) automatically
sends issue creation and update emails to the java-dev mailing list.

The following three sections of the HowToContribute wiki page apply to
your situation:

1. Getting the source code:

2. Creating a patch:

3. Contributing your work: