lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "federico grilli" <federico.gri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Italian Analyzer
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 12:48:55 GMT
Hello Steven,

thank you for answering. Yes, I know of the Snowball Italian stemmer,
however I have seen that for other languages (i.e. French and German)
there exist different implementations of the Porter's algorithm, so I
thought my implementation could be of some interest. In any case, I'll
follow the procedure for new contributions and see what happens. :)

Federico

2006/9/27, Steven Rowe <sarowe@syr.edu>:
> Hello Federico,
>
> federico grilli wrote:
> > I have written an Italian analyzer based on the Porter's stemming
> > algorithm as found at http://www.snowball.tartarus.org. I would like
> > to contribute it to the Lucene sandbox. The classes come with thorough
> > unit tests. As this is the first time I contribute to an apache
> > project, I wondered how could I do to commit my work to the cvs.
>
> Did you know that Lucene already contains Snowball Italian stemmer code,
> under contrib/snowball/?   (Although I see no Italian analyzer under
> contrib/analyzers/.)
>
> Below is a link to a ViewVC Subversion repository history page for the
> stemmer code:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/trunk/contrib/snowball/src/java/net/sf/snowball/ext/ItalianStemmer.java
>
> To answer your question, some useful info is here:
>
> <http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/HowToContribute>
>
> In short, you should check out the source tree from Subversion, create a
> patch containing your new code, then create a JIRA issue and attach your
> patch to it.  JIRA (used by the ASF for issue tracking) automatically
> sends issue creation and update emails to the java-dev mailing list.
>
> The following three sections of the HowToContribute wiki page apply to
> your situation:
>
> 1. Getting the source code:
> <http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/HowToContribute#head-bd75edb4adc9cdac9f467b123e5da863b17fbc05>
>
> 2. Creating a patch: