lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Willnauer" <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Prevayle-based StorageController for GDataServer
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 10:23:43 GMT
No not yet, the storage implementation are still in heavy development,
but I had a look at the prevayle api as well. If you are interested in
building such a storage layer we can set up a plan together to
integrate this as a storage for gdata server. I thought a while about
the storage topic and couldn't find a "really good" solution for
providing a fast and distributable solution. I don't know much about
Prevayler but you have to be careful about using the same entry/feed
object instance for multiple feeds. Currently the server created
dynamic feed / entry elements per request. That mean the server does
not store the entry link element in the storage, this will be created
at request time to calculate the current request URL as the self and
edit link. This is a kind of a problem if you use a cache or a
persistence layer sharing object instances. I might change that to
dynamic context element, this will be configurable in the XML file.
This still keeps the server flexible to move it on other domains an
solves the caching db / problem.

Are you interested in contributing you development to the server at all?

best regards Simon

If you need any information about the internals you just ping the mailinglist.